Ride Along With Me

A Traveling Teacher's Trek of Discovery, Rediscovery, Felines Frolicking, and Fun

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fly Away Bamboo Babe!

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." ~Teddy Roosevelt~


Bamboo is flexible, but extremely strong. I wish to be like bamboo. Perhaps the 'Bamboo Babe'! As the bamboo bends in the winds of change, Grasshopper, I, Bamboo Babe, also adjust to the unforeseen. As the great philosopher, Lenny Kravitz, said in his song Fly Away, "I wanna get away!"

Trust, but expect the unexpected. Kung Fu wisdom still applies. After all of the unexpected, I've caved and bought a ticket to Orlando leaving Thursday, June 3rd. I intend to use the extra couple of days to be more prepared and take care of some paperwork at home.


My friend, brother and 'chauffeur', Andrew will graciously not leave me stranded at the airport.   Margaret will meet me in Orlando. We will graduate and, maybe, take off on another adventure up the East coast. Should make for some interesting stories. The cats will stay home for a bit longer. Though I will miss them, they will be in loving hands.


The RV trip WILL happen. I am 'Bamboo Babe'! For now, the blog continues with the... unexpected!

1 comment:

  1. Love your attitude. Have fun on your adventures!

    (from Joyce---I still need to figure out how to "sign in")

    ReplyDelete