Ride Along With Me

A Traveling Teacher's Trek of Discovery, Rediscovery, Felines Frolicking, and Fun

Friday, May 28, 2010

Destined to Travel Alone

Margaret is too valuable! Everyone wants her. Right now, her school district wants her to do more work. This means that she will not be able to join me. Welcome to my roller coaster! I hear the song by Willie Nelson, "On the Road Again... " with new lyrics: "On my own again!"

We had training today. I wisely got my toes painted at lunch. They must look good for the long drive. Then I drove adventurously through unknown streets to avoid the exploded tanker on the 91 freeway. I couldn't let a little traffic stop me from getting my car checked for the trip.

Ahhh! Waiting in the Honda dealership for two hours was interesting. The TV was on crime shows and I listened to a man with a faded orange turban play on his cell phone. The beep, beep, beeping just kept going and going. Funny how such a small sound can seem so loud after a while. The icing on the cake was the serviceman's announcement that I needed 3 new tires.  The fourth was replaced when it went flat a few months ago. I usually like watching "Bones", but this time I just wanted to go home for a nap.

Since I just found out this morning that Margaret won't be joining me... again, I haven't completely decided when I will leave. Probably Sunday morning will be best because I need Saturday to rest somewhat.

After my last post, my friend, Dawn, called and offered to help me have a garage sale Saturday. One thing I have wanted to do is de-clutter. This is a great opportunity to get some needed cash and clean house. Hopefully I'm up to it because right now I just want to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Diane,
    I finally caught up and am joining the fun of watching your trip. I hope it all comes together.
    Mark B.

    ReplyDelete